Thursday 23 June 2016

Soft Wash equipment, Which system is best

We at Wash Rite NZ are having a discussion which type of softwash system we will continue to go with.
At present we run Fat Boy pumps with 120ft of 1/2inch hose and it has worked well over the past year but we have also looked at a 5hp Honda motor with a diaphragm pump on it as well which will give us around 350psi of pressure which is great for doing double story houses.





There are a few factors to keep in mind. First is the cost of each system and maintenance cost of each. The fat boy pump costs around $380 in NZ but the Honda motor and diaphragm pump will cost around $2200 so a big jump in price.

I personally like the idea of the Honda motor set up and i believe i will be able to get more flexibility out of it and can do a greater range of jobs with it and in turn make more money.


I would like to hear what you guys are running and any pros and cons you have found.

Troy
Wash Rite NZ
www.washrite.co.nz

3 comments:

  1. Hey Troy, I don't use the Fatboy pumps as they are pricey compared to other similar pumps. I just buy a generic 20lpm 12v pump off trademe and make sure I rinse it with about 20L of fresh water afterwards. These pumps are about $170. I do need to replace it maybe 3 times a year but they are easy to fit. What I have found tricky though it setting the hose up right. I've tried 1/2" and now trying 3/8". It works ok but i reckon I could get some better performance out of it. I'm not really a technical person.
    Did you end up trying the air diaphragm pumps?

    Adam
    Wellington Wash Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether somebody pursuit of his vital thing, hence he or she desires to be accessible that at length, hence that thing is maintained over here.
    Pressure washing Bracknell Berkshire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. power washing

    ReplyDelete